Monday, July 1, 2013

Day Two-ish

Day 2ish




So I finally made it to LAX. I guess I thought it would be snazzier. Granted this is just one terminal out of 7. I don't know what the other 6 look like.



This is kind of a side story, I guess. On the way to Richmond Airport there was a bird in the road. Alive, mind you. As I drove up to it, and it was in my lane, I thought, why isn't it flying??? So I hit the brakes but still went over it. Not with my tires but I stunned it. I thought, now there's a bad omen.



And let's face it, shit hit the fan, but hard.



So this morning in my lovely La Quinta room outside of Chicago, I found a coin. Now. The bed was made. I had two and only used one, obviously. So this was the untouched bed. And it looked perfect, like it had been made up by the maid. Etc. As I'm picking my bags up off of the bed for some very strange reason I look closer at the circular pattern. I may have thought something like wouldn't it be funny if there was something in the circle.



And there was. A worn coin with a peaceful crane or something on it. I looked it up and it's Hungarian. Well, I took it as a good omen. :) It's beautiful. I'm writing these in notepad to blog with later so I can't put in a picture right now. But I've texted it to some people. It's SO funny. Something like that should've been knocked off of the bed when the maid made it. Right? But it was perfectly in a circle.



Anyway, I'm glad to be on my last, if longest, leg of my journey. Since my friends were going to bed on the East Coast, I've started looking for celebrities. I haven't seen any that I recognize but holy plastic surgery batman. And I'll leave it at that! LOL



I still have 45 minutes before I board. It's been one hell of a trip. Now, don't get me wrong, I've seen plenty of families who had their vacation plans disrupted. I'm glad it's just me that was stuck on the tarmac for an hour. It was supposed to be for 2 hours so I'm glad it was just one!



Oh and in Chicago O'Hare a very tall and large man went through security with bright blue nail polish on his toes. Just gave me a giggle.



I do miss the girls and Pedro. Oh it was so funny when I was in line and called him to let him know what was going on with my flights. He said he would come and get me which I stupidly repeated and everyone around me yelled "can he take me too!" I stood in line with those people for almost four hours. Trust me, we were all a little crazy.



Anyway, I can't think of anymore anecdotes. I've tried to find the good amongst the bad. I have a rocking pair of Chicago socks now. I know Pedro will be smug when he finds out that I got blisters when he tells me to wear socks all the time.



No comments: