Thursday, April 25, 2013

I wonder

So I've been dealing with a lot of crappy health issues lately.  There was the sinus infection thing, throat deal that I took antibiotics for.  Then the projectile vomiting.  I had two days off, happy and healthy!  They asthma.  Really?

So amongst all the crap that I deal with, inflammation seems to be key.  Yes, I'm sleep deprived, that's not going to change anytime soon.  But what about food?  I watched this interesting documentary called Hungry for Change.  I know sugar is bad for me, you know sugar is bad for me (snork) but a wagging finger and clicking tongue don't keep me from inhaling cupcakes.  This movie, however, really got into the scientifics (did I just make up a word) of how our body processes certain "foods".  I can get on board with facts.  I also liked that they advised people not to take away from their diets but to add in new healthy things until all the unhealthy things were pushed out. 

So I've been eating salads and kale smoothies for dinner.  :) 

I feel better.  I have a long way to go but I think if I can avoid certain things, like white sugar, white flour (forget white pasta, the whole grain stuff tastes like shit) I'll do better for myself.

I always used to wonder why cancer seems more prevalent.  It could be our more toxic environment but probably our "food".  So I guess what I'm trying to do is clean eating.  We'll see how long it lasts.  I do love my cupcakes.  :)  But I also hate how my whole body hurts right now.  I'm like, fuck me if I'm developing fibromyalgia.  I will eat broccoli!

Anyhoo, Pedro is being loud and I can't concentrate.  Now the baby is screaming.  So for g-ma and g-pa here's a link to Boar's Head Inn buffet

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the blogs.

I hope I don't come across like I am shaking my finger at you. I have no right to do that. I am overweight like most of our family and I do not eat as healthily as I should so...

Anyhoo... I love you and am happy when you blog. So keep 'em comin'.