Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Jeez

It's like you can't be sick anymore without relatives sending nasty emails about not updating the blog.  Well, sick, then spring break, then sick again.  Wheee!

 So let me apologize in advance: the video of Lily is sideways.  I even tried to get it the right way.  I give up.


OMG  I was going to go into town today but it's taking me so fracking long to do this.  I selected one picture and all of them but the one I wanted were loaded into the post.  Really?  Sometimes I swear there's a computer conspiracy.  UGH  Alright, so, the community garden is finally open and I went over to see what was what.  That's what.  I spent a few hours pulling out weeds and old potatoes and grubs.  Blech.  I was waiting and waiting and waiting for an email to say that the garden was open but aside from receiving my plot allocation there was no other info.  So I email them and oh yeah, of course the garden is open.  Eyes.  So then I'm in a lather because I had held off of starting seedlings because what's the point in having two dozen plants and nowhere to put them?  Anyway, I freaked out and leapt into action and it now looks like this:
I planted 15 strawberry plants.  This bitch likes strawberries and last year the damn squirrels ate them all off of my back deck before I could get any!  On the right is kale and one lone cilantro.  Then the next row is broccoli and tomatoes.  I got the last two trays of broccoli from Lowes.  They looked pretty rough so my expectations are low.  Anyway, cute right?  And I have that on good authority because I took Lily with me yesterday evening and she walked allllll around the garden, came back and proclaimed mine the cutest.

That actually made me very proud.

So we're going back there tonight and putting in seeds.  I love me some sugar snap peas and lettuce.  I was reading my Square Foot Gardening book and he mentioned planting at different times to harvest at different times.  BRILLIANT!  I can't eat 20 heads of lettuce at once.  So that's the plan.  :)

Yes, Lily was WAY into it.  Badgering me to work faster so she could use the shovel.  Fine.  Go turn over the dirt and see how easy it is.  Eyes.  And she worked hard... until she found a worm or heard a bird, etc.  Still, it was fun and I'm sure that she slept well last night. 

And I think I'm the only one using garden stones, or whatever you call them.  Maybe I over thought it but I was freaking out about what to do so I decided to do SOMETHING.  I can learn from there.  And shoot, mine's cute.


Speaking of which, Madi has started sleeping better again.  This damn cold or whatever it is has had the both of us so congested that sleep has been difficult.  AND she's been so cranky that she's been pulling out her hair.  It's very bald at the top/back so I cut it.  I was going to take her so a friend but she had finished work early that day and I just couldn't take one more night.  She'll look better once it grows in.  Pedro said she looks like a boy and I was thinking, no, she looks like a balding middle aged man.

I think short hair suits her.  She is like a demonic little pixie.  Oh, Sonia, that's not nice.  NO, what's not nice is how she throws all the furniture she can around the house when I walk away from her, to get her some juice!  Not that I'm bitter.  Eyes.

Speaking of eyes, mine are still red and  rheumy.  ew.  I take my antibiotics and a claritin every day and still...

 So anyway, hope everyone has a good Wednesday.  I feel like it's time for a nap.



And now it's not sideways, thanks for making me look like an ass, blogger.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

AWESOME! WE ARE OUT OF THE WEEDS.