Friday, April 12, 2013

Phew, lawd

What a fun day, yesterday.  Yes, it was my birthday.  Yes, I turned 42.  Forty-fucking-two.  How did that happen???

Anyway, I forgot it was my birthday, I mean, I knew it was coming up, until someone posted on Facebook that he was giving me an early birthday wish since he was going to be out of town.  I thought, huh? what?  Then, shit!  Lily in true Lily form said "Momma, your birthday is a surprise but what do you want for dinner??"  Snort.  Actually, I had quite a few cupcakes yesterday so dinner was an apple and a bag of raw sugar snaps.  And a few bites of cheese. 

I was supposed to have a riding lesson and I got ready to go and then called my friend Mandy to see if Innis was still lame.  She said yes, so I asked if she wanted to have lunch in town since it was my birthday.  She said, yes, of course!  So we went to one of my favorite restaurants, Bella's where I had my favorite salad and a limoncello martini.  Sweet fancy moses that was good.  Then Mandy told me about this newish cupcake place called Sweet Haus.  They have a lot of other goodies in there too.  I had a chocolate salted caramel cupcake which was just as delicious as it sounds. 

OH! And I showed Mandy my garden, which she approved of (she has a big garden at her house), and while there we saw a friend of hers.  Pleasant Grove is a huge local park.  It offers horse trails so most of the time I'm tending my garden, I see people riding their horses.  Jealous, am I?  Oh yes.  But anyway, we went and talked to her friend who was tacking up and she has a Rocky Mountain horse.  He was gorgeous. 

So, THEN we went for lunch.

I picked up the girls, lah dee da, but when we got, I saw a note on my door that said something like "Sonia, I have something for you Dotty Capellino".  Now that means, nothing to you guys, but I know she owns the cupcake place in town.  I had talked to her about placing a special order for myself, whatever, for some chocolate cayenne cupcakes, which are amazing.  But I never got around to it.  So, I was confused.  But secretly, thrilled.  Who doesn't want a note from the cupcake lady? 

So I call her and someone has ordered a dozen cupcakes for me.  It turns out it was Liz in Australia.  Who's an amazing friend???  As the cupcake lady was leaving, I said, hey since you live just down the road if you have any extra cupcakes, you know where to leave them.  She said, cupcakes and cookies too!  Then I thought, shit, what have I done to myself.

Anyhoo, it was a delightful fun, wonderful day.  Until THIS happened.  And it wasn't that bad because I just about laughed my ass off.  It was a good day.

No comments: