Sunday, March 25, 2012

Here we go!

So if you're not on Facebook then you don't know that we just got a puppy. :) His name is Brewster but Lily keeps on calling him Goobster.

Sigh.

He's very sweet and pretty good about letting us know when he needs to go out. He's so good and patient with the girls that I was surprised today when he met an older puppy, growled at her and tried snapping at her. I was like, damn!

He JUST turned 10 weeks old. His momma is a purebred Golden Retriever and they think the daddy is a black lab. But they're not sure so the puppies were free! He is gorgeous. I love his disposition.

Except how he treats other animals. Poor BG has had to run for his life a few times. I think Riley just waits until we're all asleep to do his thing.

No, Pedro didn't want me to get a dog but I've wanted one since before Lily was born. I'm not working right now, summer is coming up so we'll all be around the puppy a lot. I thought this was the best time.

And he's adorable. I was waiting for another litter to grow up, but Lily has been driving me crazy going down the hill 3 times a day to play with the neighbour's puppy - the one Brewster growled at. whoops! So I figured sooner was better than later.

So here he is!


The poor thing is covered with ticks, as they all lived outside. And yes, obedience training is in our near future as he's going to be a big boy and I can't have him aggressive with other dogs. He's good about being on a leash, he's good about being groomed for ticks, he's good at baths, he's great at meeting new people. But boy howdy, he doesn't like other animals.

Madi was sporting wet spots on her pants from where he was nipping at her butt. Hey, she steals his chew toys and it's all out war. Well, you know, he gets his toy and makes sure she can't get it. :)

No comments: