Friday, March 11, 2011

Thinking

... about putting the girls in daycare for a month. Last night Pedro slept with Madi, and I got about 5.5 hours of sleep in a row. More than I've had in a week. Okay? I don't know when she's going to sleep through the night, I know someone who's son was 4 before he started sleeping through the night. It could be a long hard slog.

What I'm thinking is that I could get a baby sitter or a mother's helper but I never know when I'm not going to get sleep or when I'll need some. So if I put the both of them in daycare for say, the month of June, think of all the sweet rest I can get! And Lily won't miss her school too much (as it ends in May) and Madi's world will be expanded.

The drawbacks? Well, it would be expensive. Possibly $800 for a month. And I'll have to find a place that's willing to do this. But could you imagine the sleep I could get???

I know that we all have our problems but I've had a headache for over a week, I've been coughing for 4 weeks, I keep on getting sores in my mouth. It's like I'm just barely hanging on and I need time to rest and recuperate. Sigh.

Anyway, I still kind of like this idea. Maybe I can find a place that would let me put them in for just a week. That would even be awesome! I just need rest and I need to heal.

In other news, I went to a burlesque show last night. wheeee doggies! I'm not sure of the underwear was actually made out of fishing line but I wasn't going to get close enough to find out. The main dancer was really good and the "sideshow" stunts were pretty good. It was a girl who did the sword swallowing and fire eating. The guy just pounded nails into his head. :P

At least I feel like I can cross a few things off of my list of things to see before I die. :)

No comments: