Tuesday, February 15, 2011

So

Here's what happened. I went outside to put Lily's bike away while she was on the back deck playing in her sand box. I heard something from the grill and smelled a lot of gas. So I checked the propane tank thingie and I could hear the gas coming out. So I tried turning it off, but it was already off. It was unconnected to the grill (I thought maybe the grill was on but it wasn't) so I tried connecting it to the grill and it still wouldn't stop hissing.

I tried calling Pedro twice and of course, he didn't answer. This reminds me of why I had a coworkers cell phone number - so there was some way he could be reached if I went into labor. :P

So, I called the main gate, which is security, and asked them what I should do and they said call 911. I called 911 and I think there was a miscommunication because I KNOW I said a tank for a grill and instead I had SUVs flying up the road into the grass and men jumping out and hitting the ground running. I had everyone out of the house and we were like, what is going on. Anyway, the fire marshal got there first and called to send four of the fire trucks back. GOOD GRIEF

They thought I meant one of those huge tanks that attach to a house. gah

Anyway, I didn't feel comfortable letting the tank bleed away especially since the guys are here and using power tools that might cause sparks. So I'm glad I called but I felt kind of sheepish. It wasn't a super emergency but it wasn't something that I could just leave and feel comfortable with. The guys/gals were here for almost 2 hours. It wouldn't stop hissing. They what happened was that they filled it really full when it was cold. Then, of course, it was hot yesterday and the propane expanded.

Everything worked the way it was supposed to. I was just having a heck of a day yesterday.

Okay, that's just not fair. I met with a trainer this morning and she came up with a workout for me. It's one of those, doing things that hit a lot of muscle groups at one time, push ups, chin ups, dips, lunges, etc. So my legs H.U.R.T. If I have to bend down, I need to do it by a chair so I can get back up again. But I just reached out to pet BG (who pooped in my bathroom yesterday) and my bicep just screamed.

It's going to be a long day. Crap, it's not even NOON!

No comments: