Friday, February 11, 2011

Oof

Okay, so Madilyn hasn't been sleeping well, again. Sometimes we reach points where she'll only wake up once or twice and that's a really good night. :) But lately she's been waking me up every hour or two and yelling or screaming and that is, well, a normal night.

So... last night we gave her some Benedryl for the first time. It was okayed by the doctor. It did knock her out, which was AMAZING! It's always very physical when she tries to fall asleep, which is why it's so rough in the middle of the night. She slept from 10:30 to 2:30 (wheee!) and then woke me up at 4:30, 5:15. GAH! It's hard. And I do roll over and check the time because things can always seem earlier or later than they are.

I had a lot of reservations giving Madi something to make her sleep. I file that under "Behaviors of Lazy Parents" but she's almost 20 months old and we've tried everything else. I still just feel that time will give us the answers. When she can talk and tell us what she needs, we can fix things. Her favorite thing right now is to find my head with her head and then she starts knocking our heads together. Really. She has that need for deep pressure sensation. It's why she likes to walk on her toes.

Anyway, it's not fun to wake up to someone else's skull cracking into mine. I guess I could get us crash helmets.....?

So today is a lazy Friday, I hope. Just a few odds and ends and maybe we'll get started making Valentine's for the party on Monday. Wheeeee! And this is a Valentine's that Lily made for me although, she just got snippy and took it back. And told me that she doesn't love me. :P But I love it, it's her handprints in a heart. And not that I will cherish it forever but it's something that I want to keep so that she and I can look at it when she's grown up. :)

No comments: