Friday, December 7, 2012

I think I've expired

Honey Badger
It seems like everything is breaking down in me these days.  Okay, everything might be a stretch.  I tested positive for rheumatoid arthritis a few months ago and a few joints were sore.  For whatever reason, the last few days things have really ratcheted up.  I'm not all boohooey about it (okay I was a little this morning) because a) my mom had horrible arthritis and I knew it was coming b) the medications are better now.

My doc did put me on a good one a few months ago.  Cheap and effective.  But no drinking.  Longest 10 days of my life!  I like having a glass of wine with dinner, especially if I've put some effort into it and I want to enjoy it.  Sometimes the girls are horrible and I like a glass of wine to mellow me out.  It's for the children, really.

And I have other issues.  Brewster yanked my left shoulder so that's been hurting for almost 2 weeks.  Time to see the doc.  Sigh.  The right one has been messed up for years.  It was nice having ONE usable arm.  *eyes*  I just feel like, damn.

And I think what makes me feel it more is Pedro is feeling better.  I'm not blaming him, at all.  But it's such a stark contrast.  I used to be the one jetting around here and there.  Now he's going to the range or out hunting.  He's got more energy and feels better.  Whereas I feel like I've tripped into quicksand and I'm slowly going down...  and I like to be active.  I can't do pushups or anything really involving shoulders so that pisses me off.  I don't know if it's the RA for sure, but even running hurts now.  And having two injured shoulders makes them ripe for joint degeneration too.

So basically I feel like I'm headed up shit creek with no paddle and two effed up arms.  Yes, it's a pity party over here today.

Pedro has really been doing well.  He's been getting blood sugar scores in the 90s.  Of course, I remind him that that's with insulin and pills but better than 500, right?  I made stuffed peppers last night.  Lily and I only ate the inside of them.  Snort.  Pedro took one to work for lunch.  His whole world has changed.  I'm really proud of him for stepping up and making the changes.  I know it's not easy.

Sleepin' sisters.
 I was thinking of sweet things today.  Madi and her kisses.  Lily and her boyfriends. Brewster tickling my my ears with his nose.  I honestly had a real list before I started.  Snort. 

Well, I'm just gonna keep on keeping on.  Cuz there's not much else you can do.  :)





No comments: