Friday, December 21, 2012

Holy crapmas

Oh crap.  I just sneezed some more.  Okay, so Lily has been sick the last couple of weeks.  I spoke to her teacher on Tuesday and she said that 1/3 of her class was out last Friday.  Great day.  So I know she's not the only one who's sick.  And the antibiotics she's on for her ear infection give her diarrhea and make her barf.  She told me she barfed last night while we were all asleep.  Poor baby.

Madilyn had a 101.8 fever last night.  I don't know what it was this morning when she kept me up but she was HOT.  So I have two sick kids, and now I'm coming down with something.  Can we postpone Christmas for a while?

In the good news department, I did give out the teachers' Christmas presents.  Pedro watched the girls so that I could drive over.  Cameo's Word Up was on in the car and I happened to park perpendicular to a sheriff's car.  I looked and didn't see anyone in there so I busted some moves.  When I got out of the car I heard the engine running.

Sigh.


OMG I am having such a hard time posting my pic.  I don't know if it's blogger or Facebook but I'm getting mad.....  So click the link

Oh yeah, and Brewster.   A few days ago, he could not stop biting my hands or being a bad dog.  Running around in circles, jumping on the bed, snapping at my face.  I was seriously considering getting rid of him.  He doesn't hurt the girls but I'm like, hells bells, when is he going to stop being such a jerk?

Last night I was baking cookies (AGAIN) and he came in the kitchen, flopped down in front of the oven and fell asleep.  I thought, FINALLY! I hope it's a sign of things to come.  He didn't steal stuff off of the table, or chase the cats.  I know he likes being around us but he gets into everything.

Oh and I KNOW that he knows how to open the baby gates.  If they aren't locked, he knows how to push up the latch to open the gate.  Stinker.  I've tried working with him more too.  Partially for training, partially so I spend some time with him.

I just feel like life has taken a very sour turn.  My cookies aren't baking right, the kids are sick. OH and Madi has lice now.  I pulled one adult off of her so I'm hoping that if I keep pulling the nits off as I find them, then we'll be good to go.  *eyeroll*  There's a little boy in her class who the teacher says doesn't have a great home situation.  They are buying him clothes.  I mean, the teachers.  Obviously, families don't have to be rich to be good but it sounds like he's not getting the care he needs.  And that sucks.

Anyway, I think that all this crud that has peppered my holiday season has taught me to let go of expectations.  I wanted to create a fun Christmas for the girls.  Well, that blew up in my face.  I'm doing the best I can and that's just gonna have to do.

You know?

Peace.

Oh and who doesn't want to get up and dance to this?

No comments: