Monday, May 9, 2011

Well...

So Madi's genetic testing was denied by the insurance company. I didn't get around to calling the doc today to see what our next plan will be. I honestly feel like I'm flying by the seat of my pants. Should I call our pediatrician? The developmental pediatrician? Our community liaison lady? I have no idea.

I do know, or hope, that Madi will get her braces this week or next. We had a great PT session today. Madi took 10 steps, with some help and encouragement. I mean, 10 altogether. She walked a lot more than that. She was getting cranky with her therapist for making her work so hard. :P

The PT noticed that Madi comes to be a lot. She suggested that I really try to nip that in the bud because she thinks it's interfering with Madi's walking and play. She says I'm everything to Madi, comfort, play, etc. We need her to start doing that on her own.

So, now when Madi comes up to me. I give her a cuddle then introduce a toy and move myself. Great, more exercise. :P This is something that Pedro and I have noticed, more out of irritation than anything else. I let her scream herself to sleep in the afternoon because I do all I can and when that's not enough....

So far today has gone relatively well. But I'm sure there will be bumps in the road.

Isn't there always???

No comments: