Monday, May 17, 2010

Sigh

I weighed Madi yesterday and she was 17 pounds on the nose. She's only gained a very small amount of weight since her 6 month doctor's visit. She's active and she's grown a lot so I guess it's not THAT surprising. But I want to turn her car seat around and kids have to be one year old and twenty pounds so... Operative Fatten Madi has begun. I got her some whole fat milk yesterday. Hey, I get like six inches of legroom back!

Did I already mention that Madi can almost crawl? I can't remember. She can also easily sit up on her own. whew Crawling is still elusive. :) Probably good considering how dirty the floor is. ha! I guess I could just put mop heads on her knees. :) It's funny now when I wake up and look at her crib and see her sitting up and peering at me. :)

Yeah, I've been getting her to sleep on her own. It's just easier on me because I don't worry about where she's traveling to in her sleep. And she does travel. I still need to get a binky out from under the bed. She stuck her head through the headboard and spat out her binky. The small thud woke me up. Nothing bad happened but she could easily fit between the wall and the headboard so....

Oh geez. I'm listening to the rain and I could just so easily go to sleep. Sigh. I just have to remind myself that I will be able to nap in the future. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Look at that happy girl up on her knees. You go Madi, g-ma