Tuesday, May 13, 2014

This day.... This #*$@* day.

Let me preface this by saying that Madi did not sleep well last night.  I rescued Pedro around 2 or so by going in and sleeping with her.  She hasn't been sleeping well at all.  We've taken her to the doctor and she checks out fine.  In my experience, she has these episodes when she's processing and learning.  She'll wake up and yell things.  "Butterfly!"  Snore.  Who knows what goes on in that little head.

So Madi and I stayed home today (and Lily) because she didn't sleep well the night before and I thought, jeez, this chick needs SOME rest.  (side note, I have no idea what day it is)  Long story sort of short, she pooped in the living room while I was on the computer.  I swear it was less than 5 minutes.  I guess it was lucky that Lily was home because she watched her sister in the shower while I cleaned up the mess. 

So that disaster was managed.  But then the little hootenanny takes off her diaper and pees on the sofa, five minutes after her shower.  Don't kids pee in the bath anymore????

I clean that up and Pedro comes home.  I'm trying to cook dinner and Pedro catches her peeing in the bedroom.  Seriously????  So we get that taken care of.  Then Lily calls me, I'm STILL cooking (I wasn't taking long, Madi was just on fire) and Madi is peeing in the living room.  Who has that much pee????  Which reminds me, I have a lot of laundry to do. 

We eat dinner and I enjoy some Ben & Jerry's.  While I'm sitting there I get a text from Madi's bus driver and two more stops have been added to the route and Madi will now need to be picked up at 6:30. 

That means she'll spend 90 minutes on the bus.  She's four.  And she's special needs.  Really?  So I will now be driving her to school.  The bus ride home isn't as long.  Two and a half weeks of school left.  My mind is a little bit boggled. 

Also, is the universe trying to kill me?  I don't think I can take much more. 

No comments: