Thursday, February 11, 2016

Oops

We've had kind of a tricky week.

I haven't told Pedro, though he'll find out from here, that Madi has pooped twice in my room. She's gone a minute, definitely less than two and it just happens that quickly.  And I don't mean, just pooped.  It's on the walls, the blankets, etc. It's a poopapocalyse. At least that's what I've named them.

And Pedro has started back at school so it's me and the girls for several hours on Mondays and Wednesdays. But Pedro has to redo a test so it's also Thursday and Friday this week.  I'm going to have to check my Moscato supply.

So I'm not even sure what day it was, I think it was yesterday? I had to go into town to pay some bills and I never brought my phone in with me from the car.  I had a lovely, quiet afternoon as a result.  But it turns out that I missed texts and calls from school.  Madi threw up.  I didn't find my phone until about 15 minutes before she was due to come home on the bus so I called Pedro, he didn't get the call from the nurse because his ringer was off.

Could we look like worse parents?

Oh yeah, and I hadn't sent a lunch in with Madi because I hadn't cooked the night before.  I wasn't feeling well.  And, as life was conspiring against me, I was out of ramen noodles for her.  I sent in a ton of snacks, okay?

So no lunch, no one picking up the phone...

I'm not sure if this was also the day she called her teacher a "motherfucker".  I think this was the day before. I have a potty mouth. I don't swear at Madi but if you've ever been in a car with me, or talked to me for five minutes, you know I swear a lot, just in general.  Well, I was pretty horrified and I'm thinking they think I'm the worst mom ever.

I wanted to touch base with them today after dropping Madi off from therapy. They push the kids in class.  Special needs kids take more time to learn things and sometimes need more of a ... push.  Well the kids get angry and frustrated.  Especially Madi.  Apparently she said "You are a motherfucker, okay?"  The teacher had to leave the room. Then burst into laughter in the hall.

Madi has a pretty limited vocabulary.  So she said a five word sentence.  That's amazing for her.  The subject matter was probably inappropriate.  Cough.  It's a weird thing.  She hardly ever swears at home.  She swears when she's mad, but even then it's rare.  So she has to be quite upset to pull out the B word or in this case the MF word.  And it's wrong, but at the same time, here's this kid that has trouble communicating and she got all of that right??

Sigh.

Onwards. Today they were showing me how she can pick out her name on a name tag from all the other names.  And she says Thompson.  Thomp-ah-son.  But it's adorable.  And she's doing SO well in speech therapy.  She catches on quickly. We're trying to build on what she knows.  I'm so proud of her.

So then I get home from school and I smell poop.  I think it's the cat.  I say, Riley, did you miss the litter box? shooo  He gave me a look.  I don't know what made me turn around and look in the living room but there it was. Mount Doggy Diarrhea.  I know he went before Lily left the house because I was trying to get him back in so he wouldn't try and get on the bus with her. So I know foh sho. K?

I think I've earned a nap.  Peace.

No comments: