Thursday, April 16, 2015

Gathering dust

Literally.  ha  I have been kind of a lump this year.  Yes, I have looked for work and even went on an interview.  Then I kind of gave up.  It seems like every week there's "something".  A sick kid, or spouse or some major event I need to take care of.  So I've tried to embrace it.  A little.  Volunteer at school.  Take Lily to soccer practice and games.  I guess I'm trying to live outside of myself.  I mean, I've been trying to figure out what to do with the rest of my life and I've been inspired by people who give themselves over to help others.  I'm not going THAT far but I've decided instead of searching for a job, to take the ones that I do have more seriously.  Like parenting.  Housework, meh.  Hence the dust. 

What?

Lily has been so funny lately.  We were all sick and Pedro finally came down with it.  Let's say that some of his bodily functions didn't smell so good.

Lily: "Who died in there?"

Me: "Your dad is really sick."

Lily: "That smells really terrible!!!  I can taste it in my mouth!"

Pedro and I are still laughing. 



These pics are for Lily.  "I remember preschool but I don't remember being a baby!" 

No comments: