Thursday, April 19, 2012

Hello. My name is..

Sonia Thompson and I'm addicted to kale smoothies. Holy smokes. Kale is high in anti-inflammatory agents so it just makes me feel really good. At first I was like, kale, blech. Now I can't get enough of it. The sweet fruit in the smoothie also helps, I'm sure.

So, let me see. Been a crazy busy week and didn't really have time for anyone to get sick. Lily wasn't feeling well and I was JUST heading into a dentist appointment, so I picked her up from school as soon as I was done and we went to IHOP. What? I was craving some hashbrowns and pancakes. I won't bore you with the long list of food that I ate. Snort. I WAS hongry.

Lily had her kindergarten testing today. There's an orientation May 1st and we'll find out what class she's in and how to get her signed up for the bus, etc. I don't anticipate her riding it all the time, especially since Madi will be going to the same school. But for the first day or week, it's probably a good idea. :)

Oh crap. I just remembered that puppy class and kindergarten orientation are on the same night. I just said a bad word. Much worse than crap.

Sigh.

I took Lily and Madi on a field trip on Monday. This coincided with some of the worst cramps ever so I wasn't in a great mood. I didn't kill anyone and the girls seemed to have fun. Tuesday we had our first puppy class, minus the dog. The teacher wants people to understand her methods before we try to teach the dog. I think that's a good idea. So she's not trying to teach us while we're trying to teach the dogs. Lily kept on putting up her hand. I was mortified BUT she did bring up a few things that the teacher forgot to talk about. Namely, biting, jumping up and chewing on the sofa. All things that Lily is concerned about. :)

I cannot wait for tomorrow. I mean, maybe something else awful will happen but I just want this week in the bag. whew

Oh and the mud race! I really well. I think I took 45-50 minutes. Not sure. Someone said the race was 2.96 miles. I didn't think it was the 4.5 miles they were touting. Just because I wasn't worn out. well, okay, I was tired but if it had been another mile, my legs would've let me know. I am pretty bruised up but it was a great lesson in learning to trust my own strength. The walls were 14' high. Which is pretty big, even for me. The hurdles were the hardest because if they were a little lower I could've sat on them and swung over but they were too high for that, but were only a 2 x 10, five feet off of the ground. Nothing to grab onto or step on. That's when I got most of my bruises. :) My favorite was the tires. I pushed the hell out of them. :) And people have said that I don't look very muddy but look at the color of my neck and then look at my legs. They are covered in mud. Trust me. :) And in other news, I love that stupid dawg so much. He's fitting in pretty well, just going through the normal puppy growing pains. He is 3 months old and 25 pounds. He gained 10 pounds in 3 weeks. I'm not afraid. Not at all....

No comments: