Saturday, October 2, 2010

Special

That's what I just told Madi. Not that she's special. I said that I was special. lol Because I'm her mommy and she shouldn't grunt at me. :) I'm kind of crazy today. I had trouble sleeping last night because I'm still coughing. Actually, I had trouble falling asleep. I didn't want to take more cough syrup so I willed myself not to cough. It did work. Around 1am. And then Madi woke me up a few times and then I had to get up at 7:30 to get ready for my 9am appointment. whew But my hair is cut and my feet are soft so it was worth the early rising. :)

It was an absolutely perfect day yesterday and though we did a lot of running around I just did not feel like going home after picking up our veggie share. So Lily and I went to the Rivanna River and checked out the trails. We probably hiked around about 30 minutes. The sun was going down and the temp dropped pretty quickly so we didn't spend as long as we might have liked to. It was really nice there. Not too busy, nice trails, etc. :) And no, Lily would not let go of the map.

Also, Madi had her well-baby visit yesterday. She only gained an ounce. Firstly, I never trust their scale because the baby has to be all the way to the right to get an accurate weight. Second, Madi did have some almost diarrhea for a week which may have made her drop some weight. She feels heavier to me! Our game plan is for her to double her full fat milk intake and see if that helps. Third, I did stop giving her juice (so fewer calories) because of her loose stools so that might have contributed too. The doc isn't too concerned yet because Madi looks good but we have to go back in 6 weeks for a weight check. :P

And in that vein, I shared my fattening potato soup with Madi today. :) She inhaled it.

Also, both girls got their flu shots (Lily got the nasal spray) and I feel like we're one step closer to being prepared for the trip. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am leaving a comment - or trying to - to let you know I was here. Was here pretty much everyday since I got the computer (thanks Pedro) but I seem to not be able to leave a comment. Now today it will work like a dream and I will feel stupid. Nothing new there. :)